Daniel is joined by game developer Amanda Wixted, who was Zynga’s first iOS developer and now runs Meteor Grove Software.
Amanda had the opportunity to jump straight into professional game development after graduating from college in 2005. Since then she has co-developed many successful iOS titles including Pac Man, Mafia Wars, and Farmville.
- @commanda – Amanda’s Twitter account.
- AmandaWixted.com – Amanda’s home page
- Meteor Grove Software – Amanda’s consulting and development company.
- Chris Hadfield’s Space Oddity – Video of astronaut playing David Bowie’s song in space.
- Space Shuttle Challenger – The disaster-fated NASA space orbiter that Amanda’s dad was a finalist for boarding.
- Saudi Aramco – The Saudi oil company whose residential compound Amanda grew up on.
- Multi-User Dungeon – Text-based social adventure game that Amanda enjoyed as a child.
- Stevenson School – Amanda’s High School in Pebble Beach, California.
- Napster – The peer-to-peer file sharing service.
- Surrealist Automatism – Artistic method used for Automatic Poetry and other arts.
- Susan Kinsolving – One of Amanda’s poetry inspirations.
- E.E. Cummings – Another poetry inspiration.
- Dune – The science fiction novel by Frank Herbert.
- Nokia 6682 – The smartphone Amanda used prior to debut of the iPhone.
- Turf Geography Club – Crunchbase profile of the “FourSquare meets Monopoly” game Amanda worked on.
Sponsored by HelpSpot: Customer service is your best marketing. Make every ticket count with HelpSpot.