Daniel is joined by John Siracusa, a software engineer by day who is better known to many as a podcaster and contributor to Ars Technica.
John is well known among Mac aficionados for his extensive reviews of major Mac OS X upgrades. He co-hosted 100 episodes of Hypercritical with Dan Benjamin on the 5by5 network. Most recently he’s teamed up with Marco Arment and Casey Liss to produce the Accidental Tech Podcast.
- @siracusa – John’s Twitter account.
- Hypercritical – John’s personal technology web site.
- The Incomparable – Jason Snell’s roundtable podcast about geeky topics, frequently featuring John.
- VIC-20 – John’s first computer, the Commodore VIC-20.
- Don Melton Interview – Debug podcast appearance by Don Melton of Safari fame.
- Larry Elmore – One of John’s childhood artistic heroes.
- Keith Parkinson – Another of John’s childhood artistic heroes.
- Hypercritical – John’s original blog post on Ars Technica, kicking off his appreciation of being “hypercritical.”
- Boston University – John’s alma mater.
- O’Reilly Books – The source of John’s ravenous self-education on various computer-related subjects.
- The Perl Programming Language – John’s favorite programming language.
- Car Talk – The NPR radio show whose early web site was built by John.
- CPAN – The comprehensive perl archive network.
- Jonathan Coulton – One of John’s very favorite musicians.
- Jonathan Coulton Interview – Interview with Jonathan Coulton on the Unprofessional podcast.
Sponsored by HelpSpot: Customer service is your best marketing. Make every ticket count with HelpSpot.