Amanda had the opportunity to jump straight into professional game development after graduating from college in 2005. Since then she has co-developed many successful iOS titles including Pac Man, Mafia Wars, and Farmville.
- @commanda – Amanda’s Twitter account.
- AmandaWixted.com – Amanda’s home page
- Meteor Grove Software – Amanda’s consulting and development company.
- Chris Hadfield’s Space Oddity – Video of astronaut playing David Bowie’s song in space.
- Space Shuttle Challenger – The disaster-fated NASA space orbiter that Amanda’s dad was a finalist for boarding.
- Saudi Aramco – The Saudi oil company whose residential compound Amanda grew up on.
- Multi-User Dungeon – Text-based social adventure game that Amanda enjoyed as a child.
- Stevenson School – Amanda’s High School in Pebble Beach, California.
- Napster – The peer-to-peer file sharing service.
- Surrealist Automatism – Artistic method used for Automatic Poetry and other arts.
- Susan Kinsolving – One of Amanda’s poetry inspirations.
- E.E. Cummings – Another poetry inspiration.
- Dune – The science fiction novel by Frank Herbert.
- Nokia 6682 – The smartphone Amanda used prior to debut of the iPhone.
- Turf Geography Club – Crunchbase profile of the “FourSquare meets Monopoly” game Amanda worked on.
Sponsored by HelpSpot: Customer service is your best marketing. Make every ticket count with HelpSpot.